Employment and Business Litigation Services
Mary Wright and Oriet Cohen-Supple are experienced and accomplished litigators with combined more than 20 years of major law firm experience as litigation partners. Mary has tried numerous employment cases to jury verdict. Oriet has managed and litigated a broad range of complex business and employment matters in state and federal courts, and in arbitration tribunals (JAMS, AAA and FINRA).
Wright & Supple LLP has significant experience in conducting neutral investigations required in response to employee claims of discrimination, harassment or retaliation, as well as any other allegations of workplace misconduct, improper business practices, or whistleblower claims. We also have an in-depth knowledge of the legal issues arising from the COVID-19 pandemic and can investigate claims in the oncoming wave of claims of alleged wrongdoing by the employer in violation of new laws and regulations related to the pandemic.
For employment matters, we:
- litigate individual and multi-plaintiff employment cases in state and federal courts, including cases involving discrimination, harassment and retaliation allegations, defamation claims, whistleblower claims, employee privacy issues, wage and hour violations and more;
- handle administrative charges before state and federal agencies;
- protect employers' confidential and proprietary information, trade secrets and business relationships from misuse or interference;
- maintain actions on behalf of employers arising from fraud, theft and other related misconduct; and
- conduct independent investigations of allegations of inappropriate employee behavior running the gamut of workplace issues including discrimination, harassment and improper business practices or whistleblower claims.
For individual business owners, and corporate clients, we:
- defend and prosecute claims for breach of contract; business torts; business, consumer and securities fraud; unfair business and employment practice claims in violation of Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code Sections 17200 and 16600; employee mobility cases; breach of employment and non-disclosure agreements; misappropriation of technical and non-technical trade secrets; software copyright and patent infringement; professional malpractice; insurance bad faith; creditors’ rights; receiverships; pre-judgment remedies; and collection on judgments.
- provide strategic legal and business advice to corporate executives and senior management on issues arising out of state and federal laws.
- counsel clients in business litigation prevention, pre-litigation disputes, risk management, and regulatory and compliance matters.